Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 3: Fitness

Day 3: Fitness

Principle 3: Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the REFRIGERATOR!

Ok, people. Let's get right down to it. We will never see real change in our personal fitness unless we first declare that we are in control of what we put in our bodies. I know this is probably my weakest area when it comes to taking care of myself; I am controlled by what I eat. My dad used to always ask me if I was "in a race" at the dinner table. Even to day my wife encourages me to slow down, enjoy my food, take small bites and chew thoroughly. There some sort of a drawing and encompassing aspect to good food. The only problem is, it is the one that spits YOU out in the end, when it should probably be the other way around.

What I have come to realize is that my desire for food is like a bad high school relationship: once you have crossed some lines you feel like you can't get that part of yourself back again. Food can put some of the biggest guilt on a person, shaming them to the point of only eating more. Crazy, I know.

At the end of the day, food, for a lot of people, is a BIG WEAPON of the ENEMY. Since we know that NO weapon formed against us shall prosper (for those of us who are believers: if that is not you, food is not your primary problem), you have to gird yourself up with the proper protection before you go into the battle with your food.

So, how do we protect ourselves against the war with food? Easy. Greater is HE who is IN you! You have to literally give your food habits over to the Lord and ask Him to help you make better choices, minute by minute, day by day. Watch this: winning the battle with food takes a SPIRITUAL mindset. Sometimes the supernatural just needs to invade the natural areas in our lives...and besides...if you get caught up in some prayer language you can't use your tongue to lick an ice cream cone.

Ok, friends, all jokes aside...give that food addiction over to God...find a good system...plug into it...and MAKE IT WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment