Sunday, November 7, 2010

Impregnated by an Open Vision

So, it was a typical Friday. I was out in my sales territory in between appointments. Most of the morning, I had been meditating over some of the recent business decisions I have made. I was actually more marinating than meditating. See, there is a difference. Medidtation for me normally involves contemplations of the actions of an outside entity, normally God. Marinating, is more like "soaking in" the actions of God. For us, 2010 has been a year where I spent a lot of time meditating, asking why, thinking through the storms, and praying for God's peace. Yet, here I am, provided for, loved, humbled, and better than ever.

And then it hit me. I had to pull the car over because the revelatory nature of my current state extremely expected my utmost attention. The information came in waves. This stream of Heavenly comunication burst forth before my eyes, and every paint stroke foretold my future...my families' future...what God genuinely desires to birth out of me and into the laps of lost and hurting people...

As He has done for a long time, He asked me to write. He told me I am not alone on my journey nor am I unique in my suffering. My battles are battles fault by countless warriors--warriors whose arms are lifeless and limp from toting the heavy shields of fear that they always cower behind, with their throats parched from giving excuses to always talk away the plight of their sickness. Their hearts heavy by the many tragic defeats suffered at the hands of a dauntless, relentless foe.

I am not the only one who has been victimized by his own habits, his dirty secrets that enslave him to a life of less than, a soldier no longer soldiering because victory means prolonging the next defeat. I am the General of the Army of the Defeated; yet, now, God has chosen to make me His mouthpiece. He has charged me to challenge this generation to a life of fullness, a life lived in true understanding and acknowledgement of one's calling.

And so, it is here that I will tell the story that I saw from my territory that day. It is a story that will challenge me as I write it, and you as you read it. It will be a story of defeat, of let downs, of second chances; there will be times that I will want to not share, panged by the piercing and virtuous quality that the truth has when it is outted. Stick with me. When God completes what He has begun in me, I feel the breakthrough that He is orchestrating is going to shake our generation.

90 days. 90 principles. An epic journey to change your life forever. A Brand New You.

His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Make me weak Lord, so that I might submit to the prophetic power that You want to operate in. Bring a Jubilee to this land of the Obese. Break the chains that have captivated so many people for so long. Let the rivers of life flow in the land of the Army of the Deafeated; give them your Purple Heart of Courage and Valor so that they might champion the flesh and walk into the fullness of the health you desire for them. Teach us how to have better Focus, a deeper Faith, Kingdom Finances, a biblical Family, and total body Fitness.

Make us into who You intended us to be.

I will never be the same. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment